Relax and Unwind with Massage Therapy
Massage Therapy in Vero Beach, FL: In today’s fast-paced world, our mindsets are always focused on moving forward, being on the go, and getting things checked off our to-do lists. Sometimes, you have to slow things down and take some time for a little self-care in order to keep yourself from burning out. Massage therapy is the perfect way to do so. These 30- or 60-minute sessions give you time to focus on yourself and give your body the care it needs. Massages can be especially helpful for those leading stressful lives, those who carry a lot of tension in their body, or those who regularly participate in sports activities. The healing power of these massages relaxes the muscles and helps them heal quicker.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
You will notice an immediate difference in both body and mind when you receive massage therapy at our Vero Beach, FL chiropractic office. The pressure and movements help to increase blood flow and soothe sore, tired muscles. A massage at our office will provide all of the following benefits:
- Reduce muscle stiffness and spasms
- Improve flexibility and range of motion
- Promote deeper and easier breathing
- Promote faster healing of soft-tissue injuries, like pulled muscles and sprained ligaments, and reduce pain and swelling caused by such injuries
- Relieve tension-related conditions, like headaches and eye strain
- Reduce the formation of excessive scar tissue following soft-tissue injuries
- Enhance the health and nourishment of the skin
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Increase awareness of the mind-body connection
- Promote a relaxed state of mental awareness and feeling of well-being
Release Toxins with Swedish Massage
You have probably heard the term “Swedish massage” before but may be unfamiliar with what this type of massage includes. A Swedish massage uses a variety of techniques to relax muscles, including applying pressure to surface muscles to push them against deeper muscles and bones and rubbing the body in the same direction as the flow of blood returning to the heart. The main goal of a Swedish massage is to increase the flow of oxygen in the blood and release toxins from the muscles, helping you to feel revived.
Heal Muscles with a Deep-Tissue Massage
A deep-tissue massage is aimed at healing the deeper tissue structures of the muscle and fascia, also known as connective tissue. This type of massage uses many of the same movements and techniques as a Swedish massage while applying more intense pressure. The technique is also more focused, with the therapist working to release chronic muscle tension or “knots,” which are also known as adhesions. If you’re ready to relax, unwind, and give your body the care it needs, now is the time to schedule a massage.